Wonderful coffee! The founders of Coffee Crew do not know what they will do without their copious amounts of this wonderful brown liquid. We also believe there are billions of people agreeing with this statement. This assumption is not that far fetched, if you consider that 7% or more of some countries’ gross GDP consist of coffee exports all around the world. Popular estimates claim that, in 2015, the coffee export value was more than 30 billion US dollars, with the US importing in excess of 4 billion of that.

Coffee claims

Some coffee claims state that the second most traded commodity after crude oil. There are some of the same claims from coffee merchants to the US senate, and various independent sources too. Then there are also those sources that are debunking it as a myth.

Coffee remains something that is enjoyed by billions across the world every day, regardless of these claims. Wikipedia estimates that about 2.25 billion cups of coffee is consumed every day across the world, roughly one cup for every 3.38 people on average.

Around 65% of coffees sold are specialty coffees, and the other 35% consists of predominantly brewed coffee.

Health matters

There are some health benefits to drinking coffee, according to CaffeineInformer:

  • Protection against cirrhosis of the liver
  • Lowered risk of Type 2 Diabetes
  • Lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease
  • Protection against Parkinson’s
  • Lower risk of Multiple Sclerosis

The CaffeineInformer website sites various sources, which gives it some credibility, but WebMD states that excess caffeine intake poses some health threats:

  • Unfiltered coffee can affect LDL and cholesterol
  • Excessive amounts of caffeine, an active ingredient in most coffees, can cause anxiety
  • Some people may experience blood pressure problems.

We are not trying to convince you that coffee is good or bad for you; read the above facts and source and decide for yourself. All that we know is that we love coffee, and that probably is our biggest vice. Now – enough of all these statistics and other stuff. Where’s my coffee?